Garmin Instinct and Iphone6

basilbrush
Have been trialing maprunf with the local club. i did use maprun (original version) and loved that i could get notiifications pushed to my watch (garmin forerunner 410 and iphone 5 combination) as it meant i could continue to use a map rather than rely on looking at the small map on my phone.

Currently though i have a few issues getting it to work. I get one notification - unless i turn notifications off and on again and then i get the next notification only nothing more. I also dont always get notified by beep that i've punched a control (as an aside it would be nice to be able to change the notification sound beeps for the app to something other than a beep)

Is the instinct supported? I get notifications from other apps during my run so i know notifications work (and why i would rather something else that a beep)

Re: Garmin Instinct and Iphone6

Andrew H
Basil,
Nicole and I have done a fair bit of experimentation with iphones paired to Garmin watches using MapRunF V4 and the Beta of V5. We are experiencing exactly what you describe, Peter was hoping that V5 may fix this issue, but the beta version has not.

So with the notifications to Garmin not being of any use. There are two options run with the phone asleep or awake.

Whilst asleep the control punch beep is the default notification sound, which is very quiet and not adjustable.

Whilst awake the iphone makes a nice loud "Ping". So this is our preferred option. Settings>Display & Brightness> Auto-Lock set to Never and Raise to Wake - Turned off.